Thread: model shop

model shop

hi all
    anyone know whats involved in setting up a model shop, there doesnt seem to be many around, thinking off oseeting up one in the limerick area.

Quote Originally Posted by lmknewbie View Post
    hi all
    anyone know whats involved in setting up a model shop, there doesnt seem to be many around, thinking off oseeting up one in the limerick area.
    There's one round the corner from you in Clare... Model heli services.

To be honest, I don't think there's a big enough market here to warrant it, especially in today's economic climate.

Established Member
    Yeah..mhs, radiocontrolshop in Dublin. two big ones in the north as well. they all carry big stock with next day delivery.

It takes a lot of money to set up shop, but if you go down that road good luck with it, but you have big competition.

Thanks,

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by sean1098 View Post
    Yeah..mhs, radiocontrolshop in Dublin. two big ones in the north as well. they all carry big stock with next day delivery.

It takes a lot of money to set up shop, but if you go down that road good luck with it, but you have big competition.

Thanks,

Sean
    Is radiocontrolshop any good? I've never used them, not sure if they were fanatasyware...

Chris
    I land towards the street...

Established Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Is radiocontrolshop any good? I've never used them, not sure if they were fanatasyware...

Chris
    I have never used them but here good things.

Sean.

Established Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post

Chris
    Sorry Chris but there's nothing really in there that would suit your needs,,,when I was there..
    I've been to the shop and was hoping to buy a new plane or glider , had a look around a very small shop/unit(15"x20").
    only bought a few props as thats all they had that was of use to me..
    I signed up to there news E-Mail letter in the shop , but have ever been sent one.

Best to deal with the guys in Clare.
    http://www.modelheliservices.com/index.html

Sean
    [B]EDF Jets.[/B] x3 [B]Wings.[/B] x4 [B]Planes.[/B] x3 [B]Gliders.[/B] x4 [B]R/C Paraglider.[/B] x1 [B]Helis.[/B] x5 [B]Quadcopter[/B] x1 :cool:

Established Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lmknewbie View Post
    hi all

Before HorizonHobby or Ripmax or any of the other brand name companys will deal with you,you'l need a shop/retail outlet.(they'll want to see photos and proof)
    Then theres the money(many thousands),you'll have to guarantee you'll sell X a mount a year.
    Noel Barretts(in Cork) was in bussiness for over 40 years selling models,he has now gone.
    Supply and Demand,,there was no more demand , so he did not get supplys..

What you could do is get intouch with Hobbyking UK and try franchise open a shop/store under the Hobbyking brand name.
    Alot of Irish models buy from Hobbyking http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...1&LiPoConfig=3
    I get all my Li-Po's from them and have had a few models from them as well.
    My Vampire from Hobbyking UK.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT1bW...ature=youtu.be

Sean
    [B]EDF Jets.[/B] x3 [B]Wings.[/B] x4 [B]Planes.[/B] x3 [B]Gliders.[/B] x4 [B]R/C Paraglider.[/B] x1 [B]Helis.[/B] x5 [B]Quadcopter[/B] x1 :cool: