Thread: flybarred 900

Established Member

flybarred 900

Think ill put a Trex fly barred in the air, seems there is no one buying/flying these much any more. Ive got two engines lying a frame , head gyros etc. Would be good fun to get in the air I think. All I need are serves and a few bits and bobs.

Will keep you informed.

Sean.

Go for it... loads of pictures and progress reports

Good luck with it.

Established Member
    Just saw the heading there James...900, lol. I meant 700 will still be fun though.

Sean.

Ah, damn... I was hoping for a stretched version.

I still use a flybarred 700n... Love the way it flies. I think a gasser conversion might be on the cards some day.

Established Member
    would love a FBL for this year but think I would prob struggle setting it up......how difficult is it for someone who's not that good with the electronic side of it all as in FBL units.

whats the best and easiest to setup?

The V-Bar is one of the easiest to set up but it's not cheap.

The Vortex VX1N looks like a serious contender but there's no PC software for it yet, so you need to set it up from the datapod.

The BeastX and AR7200BX are supposed to be good units and pretty easy to set up.

They all take a bit of getting used to but there are loads of videos on youtube if you get stuck.

Established Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gubber12345 View Post
    would love a FBL for this year but think I would prob struggle setting it up......how difficult is it for someone who's not that good with the electronic side of it all as in FBL units.

whats the best and easiest to setup?
    If I can do it paul.anybody can , lol

as james says the ar7200 is easy to set up......3gx to. v bar I have not touched since I got it.

Established Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sean1098 View Post
    If I can do it paul.anybody can , lol

as james says the ar7200 is easy to set up......3gx to. v bar I have not touched since I got it.
    lol Sean,ya wanna see me in action at times,some head scratching goes on at times

I do have an align 3g but I'm thinking it may be a bit dated now so will keep my eye out for something.

might buy a cheap 450 clone and stick it on that and see the crack lol...nothing beats a try.