Thread: Total Beginner needing help :)

Total Beginner needing help :)

Hi ALL,

Thanks for taking the time to read...

I was given a T40 3 ch Heli for Christmas last, While its great fun it can only be flown on a VERY calm days and as you know in Ireland they are very far and few between. The power if very low and does take a second or two for the throttle to respond...
    I also got a mini heli again 3 ch for indoor use and use that for a bit of practice...

I am now looking to advance to the next level.
    I dont know of any model shops near Inishowen (Carndonagh) so i am at the mercy of online shops.
    I have no clue where to go or what to buy.
    At this stage Im not looking to buy a Nitro just an electric & also not looking to start doing stunts until i get better at the basics.

Ive been looking about and quite a few people have been saying they went for a Honey Bee??
    I just want something I will be able to fly in a little wind with a bit of power behind it

Hope you guys can help

Regards

Steve

Hi and welcome.

I think something like a Blade 130 might be better. I've heard nothing but bad reports about the Honey Bee.

You are probably going to be in for a bit of a shock though. A collective pitch heli is a lot harder to control than a coaxial.

My advice would be to get Phoenix simulator and a TX first, and see how you get on. It's a lot cheaper in the long run.... or get both a heli and a sim but the sim is really handy.

Established Member
    hi steve
    theres a little 4 channel heli called a v911 which is an indoor heli but can fly outdoors if reasonably calm.i bought one for very little money on amazon for abot 30 and its a great little heli for learning the basics on it...its a fixed pitch which would suit a beginner and does actually take a bit of a beating to.you can buy a few extra batterys and spares for around a tenner so could be an option for you.comes with a controller as well.takes a few weeks to come is the only thing.

or if you want to go for a CP heli then a MCPX might do as well although they are a tricky/twitchy little bugger to fly,really are for intermediate and up pilots.

good advice from james on the sim as well.

Established Member
    PS
    maybe if your interested mate I could sell you my wee v911 as I don't really use it and its only a few months old.only bought it to dodge about with over the winter in the house and is in excellent con.