Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Using Phoenix?

Anyone Using Phoenix?

Just wondered if anyone uses the Phoenix flight sim?

I got it before I even bought a heli, and I can't imagine how much it's saved me in crash repairs. I'd hate to have tried to fly without practicing on a sim first.

I use it too, I think it's a must for Heli pilots. It's saved me a fortune also, haven't crashed my Heli yet (touch wood ). Practicing inverted flight at the moment on the sim definitely couldn't do it in real life without crashing.
    I would recommend it to everyone.

It's great for the 345 rainy wet days James , a must for all pilots - as mentioned fantastic for practicing new manoeuvres

Established Member
    flight sims are great for sure but am i the only one who gets the real fear factor when you eventually get to the field an gotta do it for real.have to say i have chickened out a few times before i actually went for it

in the process of learning inverted on the sim at the mo...can do it no probs on the sim but aint had the b4lls to do it for real yet,prob will at some point but really hate the thot of my 600 eating dirt

I can't even do inverted on the sim yet

Established Member
    its a different ball game again James,just takes a lot of practice.if it wasnt for the sim i'd be out about 2 million on heli's

hi all ive been lookinh into flight sims , ive had rc everything from planes cars and boats but never a heli , is there a download i can get ,i see phoenix are a good choice but can i just order a cable from ebay and download the rest from the www

Established Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brownie25 View Post
    hi all ive been lookinh into flight sims , ive had rc everything from planes cars and boats but never a heli , is there a download i can get ,i see phoenix are a good choice but can i just order a cable from ebay and download the rest from the www
    you just cant buy the dongle for the phoenix flight sim,you have to buy all or nothing with them.

have a good search on ebay there is phoenix on there for around a tenner,its a copied version I think but there is 4 different sims on it.

better still here you go
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/16-IN-1-G5...item232ae686f8

I got one after I lost my original phoenix and its going a treat.

I use pheonix. When i'm on i create a session called heli ireland, please feel free to join.

You'll know if I join... I have a new move called the toilet bowl... It starts off like a funnel then it all turns to shit