Thread: Flasher 700 - Finished Build

Flasher 700 - Finished Build

I've just finished building the Flasher 700n Kit from phoenixtech uk.

I started the build yesterday afternoon and had most of it done by 9 o'clock last night, and finished off the fuel pipes this morning, and apart from a few dodgy screws, it was pretty much pain-free.

I decided to go with the flybarless head and 3GX setup.

It's an Align 91 H engine with a Hatori pipe.

The cyclic servos are Align DS610 with a JR 8900G servo for the tail and an Align 3GX FBL unit.

I have to say, I enjoyed building it... I'm looking forward to doing another

howya james, fair play to you on building this forum, its just what is needed, a place where you can get addvice and help. now, 3 hours to biuld a heli? iam planing on getting a trex 600 kit in september and the plan was to build it in the winter nice!
    oh, iam a newbe by the way

cheers again for the forum, Damo

Oops... I copied and pasted the post from the previous night on another forum I'm on and posted it here.

It took me about 18 hours in total, and I've just taken delivery of the flasher 450 pro, which I'll be attacking tomorrow. I'll post up pictures of the progress.

Welcome to the site, and stick around... it can only get better!

Quote Originally Posted by RC James View Post
    Oops... I copied and pasted the post from the previous night on another forum I'm on and posted it here.

It took me about 18 hours in total, and I've just taken delivery of the flasher 450 pro, which I'll be attacking tomorrow. I'll post up pictures of the progress.

Welcome to the site, and stick around... it can only get better!
    dude, it'll take me 18 months to build my heli when i get it, and even then it'll probably look like a tractor when its finished! fair play to ya.

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy1977 View Post
    dude, it'll take me 18 months to build my heli when i get it, and even then it'll probably look like a tractor when its finished! fair play to ya.
    Not a chance mate, you'll have it done in no time, and if you get stuck with anything at all, I'll gladly help you with it if I can... All you have to remember is that Chinese screws aren't like real screws... they're more like hard butter... bear that in mind and you'll be fine

That looks like a class heli, was that a full kit, like all the electrics and motor included?
    [B]"Huston, we have a problem"[/B]

It's supposed to be about the best clone of the T-Rex, and going off how crap the screws are, I'd believe it

It was the last kit that Phoenixtech had, and I got it for dirt cheap money!

The kit came as just the airframe and I robbed the servos off my T-Rex 700. I'm going to rebuild the T-Rex, so I thought... why not.

I bought the engine second hand, the pipe was new and the blades were also bought new for the job and the 3GX unit came from Done Deal

I've compared it to the T-Rex 700, and the parts are exactly the same (every part is interchangeable), except they don't have 'Align' written on them, so they're either very good copies, or made by the same people.

I've still not even spooled it up (not even started the engine!), but I'll be having a bash at it this weekend and see if I can do it without any repair bills