Thread: I'm Sick Of Cheap Gyros

I'm Sick Of Cheap Gyros

I've been trying to build these 450 helis on the cheap, but I reckon it's time I admitted that cheap gyros are false economy.
    Every cheap one I've tried has drifted after half a minute of flight, and the latest one, a turnigy 302, is the worst of the lot. The best cheap one was a 10 GA 250, but I had to unplug and replug the tail servo on that every time I turned it on, or it wouldn't work. I could have bought a decent quark for what I've spent on crappy gyros... never again!

Established Member
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I've been trying to build these 450 helis on the cheap, but I reckon it's time I admitted that cheap gyros are false economy.
    Every cheap one I've tried has drifted after half a minute of flight, and the latest one, a turnigy 302, is the worst of the lot. The best cheap one was a 10 GA 250, but I had to unplug and replug the tail servo on that every time I turned it on, or it wouldn't work. I could have bought a decent quark for what I've spent on crappy gyros... never again!
    hey james i got a gp780 goin if ur in the market for one.would take 50 sterling posted to you,or make me an offer.

I've just invested in 2x reconditioned Spartan Quarks, but if you'll accept 40 for it, I have a new project that it might suit?

If anyone is interested, Spartan have 50% off their gyros at the moment... wish they'd done it 2 days ago... I paid the same for reconditioned ones as they're now selling their new ones.

Established Member
    hi james
    call it 45 and i'l do the deal.they're making around 40 on ebay and then the p&p after that.let me know what you think.
    paul

Leave it with me Paul, I'll have a think about it.

The Quarks arrived today and I fitted one to a 450... they're an excellent gyro. No drifting at all and really easy to set up. I'm going to fit one to the 700 and give it a test tomorrow.

Established Member
    no bother james.i have a spartan ds760 for my 700 as well,took the gp780 off it cos i just couldnt get it set up right.i hear real good things about the spartans socant wait now to get it on.

I fitted the Quark to the 700 today, and I'm impressed. It holds really well.

Established Member
    havent got mine on yet to busy trying to sort out why the fuel tank wont pressurize................different thread which you've seen james........and still baffled